Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Birthday Joys

Yesterday I had a day full of surprises. The kids planned the day for me, and it started nicely with a pumpkin pie (slightly deformed, since their pie shell was way to big for their pie), full of spices and love. C and L made their first pumpkin pie ever, and without any tools for baking this must have been a really difficult enterprise. But they managed to make a nice smiling face on top of it :D
I really liked the filling which was rich in spices and had even a chocolatly touch :) and who judges by looks, certainly not me.
 

 

Then we headed towards Frankfurt and went straight to the Old Opera House.

Here you can see some Christmas decoration in front of the Opera:

 
and this is the building itself:
 

 
I then had the pleasure of being treated to a piano concerto by four students of Lev Natochenny. The just 17 year old Nuron Mukumiy was outstanding. I hope I will have the chance to hear him again.
The small Mozart hall was quite plain, but the grand piano was beautiful :)
 
 

  
After the concert we had dinner at a vegetarian Indian restaurant and I received the next sweet surprise. P and B donned their apron and made some vegan Simon's-cat cookies for me :D
 
 
Thank you all for preparing such a wonderful day! I utterly enjoyed it :D
 

2 comments:

  1. It is so lovely to hear of you being homely, as I've mostly read of your adventures out and about. The
    loved up Spiced Pumpkin Pie looks very tempting indeed. Well done C and L do have cooking talent.
    The Simon Cat cookies are pretty cool too.
    Once again, belated Birthday Wishes x And as always, thank you soooo much for your warmth, kindness and support that you have always shown me towards my blog - through the up and downs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. arghh...I guess being homely is the worst thing that can happen to me ;)
    it's nice now and then but I'm already itchy to get away and discover something new :D but this will have to wait till Christmas I guess *sigh*
    Wish you many ups for the future *hug*

    ReplyDelete