Monday, July 19, 2010

Okazaki Koen

Okazaki Castle is situated in a small park. Coming from the south entrance I first had to cross Shinkyo Bridge


The public phone booth near the main gate:


A somewhat neglected flower dial from 1960, it is said that they change the flower arrangement four times a year (really?):



The statue of Ieyasu, the first shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate who was born in Okazaki Castle:


The statue of Heihachiro Tadakatsu Hondo, a general who served Ieyasu:


I liked this one quite a lot, but the afternoon sun didn't really allow to make a nice photo, the warrior shined and reflected, a proud warrior indeed: 



The funniest thing, however, was the clock tower not far from the Noh theatre. At first it looks very unsuspecious like an average mechanical clock:


But every half hour it opens and an Ieyasu in form of a karakuri doll pops out and dances around:


I made a movie of it, maybe I will manage to properly cut it, then I will upload it, too. So, for now, sorry for my incompetance to work with movie maker properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment