Friday, June 05, 2009

Switzerland

Time flies indeed. All along I wanted to post a couple of pictures from our stay in Switzerland, but well, you know ...
Now I quickly put some up, so you can see that we really had a beautiful, albite short weekend at Lake Neuchâtel. First of all our hotel, the Palafitte near Neuchâtel, was really great. It is built as a pile dwelling, but we had a pavillion on the shore which left some money to eat lovely crêpes and galettes.

The interior was impressive, a spacious bathroom,


a working area, big LCD TV, and an addictive espresso machine.


Best of all, to my greatest surprise, they had a case with replicas from archaeological finds. Now how cool is this? Can an archaeologist have a nicer lookout while making their espresso? I guess not.


I don't have a photo of the lake view terrace (no it has nothing to do with the eponymous movie) and I wished I could have spent more time just sitting in the sun, reading the odd potboiler. But well, maybe some other time....

1 comment:

  1. Neat. Looks lide Paradise... Did you see any mermaids?.

    ReplyDelete